Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Maker Faire 2014 Detroit | Part 1


I attended the Maker Faire in Detroit this past weekend. What a sight! My next few posts will highlight some of the amazing creations I saw. 

I spent about 15 minutes speaking with some middle school students who had programmed a Lego NXT Rover to move around on a moonscape and complete tasks. These three gals gave me some ideas for my Lego Robotics course to my 8th graders this school year. I would like to create a Mars-scape that my students must navigate without seeing. The Mars-scape will simulate the time-lapse for a radio signal to travel from Earth to Mars before movement can take place. I plan on using satellite photography to record the position of the Rover and then have students plan their next move in completing their next move on Mars. Their passion and enthusiasm really inspired me.

Anybody out there tried something like this? 
If so, comment and connect with me. I'd love to hear how you accomplished it!



No comments:

Post a Comment