Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2014 Aquaponics in the Makers Lab



The Makers Lab is running full speed! I stopped in to photograph a few of the projects and I was so excited to see all the happenings. I was blown away by the focus and dedication of the students as they spend 45 minutes buzzing around the Makers Lab. The upcoming posts will highlight each of the projects.

More compact than last year!
One of the first things I noticed when I walked in the Makers Lab was the the aquaponics lab is built! It is significantly more compact than last year's model. At the top, the plants will grow. The water in the tank is pumping and you can see how it is aerated using the PVC piping with holes drilled in it. Adding the tilapia fish will is the next step!
Aerating the water.


The grow bed where our plants will be placed.






No comments:

Post a Comment